What is PRINCE2 Agile?
PRINCE2 Agile is a project management process that focuses on delivering projects with high levels of customer satisfaction. It achieves this goal by focusing on the end-to-end project delivery, including quality, time, and cost factors. PRINCE2 Agile has been designed across all industries; it is not limited to construction or IT-type industries like other processes are. You can also use PRINCE2 Agile for small projects and large ones!
One of the great benefits of using PRINCE² Agile is that it allows for flexibility. You can change your project plan as needed and maintain compliance with the process. This is because PRINCE² Agile is based on principles rather than wooden steps or processes. Additionally, you can use agile methods along with PRINCE², which gives you even more flexibility!
How Does PRINCE2 Agile Work?
PRINCE2 Agile is a methodology following the PRINCE2 project management approach. It is an agile framework for delivering short, iterative cycles with minimal documentation. The framework itself includes six phases: Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring and Controlling, Closing, and Continuous Improvement. It is designed to help organizations deliver projects more efficiently. It's an agile project management methodology that incorporates the PRINCE2 method with elements of Scrum, Kanban , and other modern software development techniques.
The main goal of PRINCE2 Agile is to deliver high-quality products within budget and on time using evolutionary development techniques that are business-led. The product is delivered in short cycles, or sprints, that allow for feedback and adaptation. The framework also prioritizes communication and collaboration among team members to ensure everyone has a clear understanding of the project goals.
Each phase in PRINCE Agile includes specific activities and deliverables that must be completed to move on to the next stage. In general, these phases are:
- Initiation: Define the project vision, objectives, and requirements.
- Planning: Create a plan for developing and delivering the product. This includes creating user stories, tasks lists, and timelines.
- Execution: Implement the plan by building the product using agile techniques such as scrums, Kanban boards.
How can a PRINCE2 Agile Certification Help my Business?
A PRINCE2 Agile Certification can benefit any business, but it is beneficial for companies to make their products and services more customer-centric. Customer-centricity is a vital component of the agile methodology. It consists of delivering what the customers want efficiently, which results in them feeling valued by your organization. This certification program aims to help you develop skills that will allow you to work with different stakeholders while efficiently implementing changes based on feedback from customers and other stakeholders.
Comparison of PRINCE2 vs. PRINCE2 Agile: What's the Difference?
PRINCE2 and PRINCE2 Agile are two project management approaches that deliver successful projects. Individuals and organizations can use these methods for various business functions, such as software development, construction, or IT service delivery. However, they differ significantly in their design principles and practices.
Projects using PRINCE2 follow the traditional linear approach to managing projects heavily reliant on documentation. The PRINCE2 Agile method creates an environment where teams work closely together to deliver projects smoothly with minimal bureaucracy while still adhering to quality standards set out by the organization or individual responsible for oversight.
The fundamental difference between the two is that PRINCE Agile allows for more flexibility in project delivery, whereas PRINCE remains rigid. The ability to be flexible means that projects using the agile methodology can quickly adapt to changes in business requirements or customer needs without going back through a lengthy change management process. Allowing for this agility often leads to increased productivity and improved customer satisfaction.
Axelos, the creators of ITIL and the source of all ITIL training materials, have made it easier than ever to become certified. The ITIL Foundation and Practitioner Certification Package includes everything you need to start your certification journey. With two Axelos sample papers for each level (Foundation and Practitioner) as well as an exam preparation guide, this package is a great way to ensure that you are ready for the exams!
In addition, exam vouchers are included to take the exams whenever and wherever is most convenient for you.
Adaptability: Adaptability is a key success factor for any project, and for the PRINCE2 Agile methodology to be effective, it needs to have adaptability built into its core. Everybody involved in a project needs to understand how they can contribute positively towards achieving the goal of that particular task or milestone.
PRINCE2 is a project management approach that can be applied to any organization, regardless of size or complexity. One key feature is the ability to change direction during the project in response to the evolving needs and requirements. This flexibility gives PRINCE2 an advantage over other methodologies because it helps optimize processes and allows for better alignment with organizational goals.
- Easy to incorporate: It focuses on ensuring that projects are completed and on time, within budget, while maintaining processes for continual improvement. PRINCE2 has been found to work well with Agile methodology because it helps teams achieve these objectives by giving them more control over their operation. For example, you can use PRINCE2 for your initial planning phase of an agile project so that you have a clear roadmap before starting any task-based work.
Faster benefit realization: One of the most significant benefits of using PRINCE2 Agile is faster benefit realization. We will explain how you can get your projects done quicker and with more efficiency. There are two ways that this method helps:
- You can deliver your project earlier than initially estimated because there is less overhead in the planning phase. This means that you will have a lower risk of a missed deadline and a higher chance of meeting expectations, leading to increased customer satisfaction.
- The individual tasks in each stage are more precise, so they take less time to complete on average, resulting in an overall shorter timeline for completion. With these benefits combined, it’s easy to see why many companies are making the switch to PRINCE.
- Greater control: The PRINCE2 Agile methodology is designed to give the project team greater control, flexibility, and visibility of work. It combines features from both traditional PRINCE2 and agile methods. The approach is based on incremental delivery of business value, in short, time-boxed iterations (called "sprints") that are completed within a fixed timeframe (typically two weeks).
Collaboration and Communication
Good communications are at the core of successful projects. It is not just about delivering messages but understanding them too. The PRINCE2 Agile method encourages collaboration and communication among project stakeholders to create a shared vision for success.