Root Cause Analysis Template
Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is a step by step process used to understand an underlying root cause of an issue or incident or anything that should not have occurred in the first place. Download Root Cause Analysis Excel and PPT Template.
Templates is capturing all the key information related to an event or issue-
- Event - Clearly define an event name. Keep it short and nice.
- Date and Time - Specify when the event occurred. If multiple times then mention all the times.
- Impact Assessment - This section should document what actually happened in much detail.
- Previous Occurrences - Mention if there were any previous occurrences of similar issues.
- Timeline of events - This section will capture what actually happened with time details.
- Analysis Approach - Document how you approached the analysis.
- Action Items - These are actions of tasks coming out of the root cause analysis.
- Residual Risks - Document the risks which will continue to exist after the incident.