Task Priority Matrix
Task Priority Matrix is a approach of categorizing the tasks you have into Critical, High, Medium and Low. The categorization helps you to address the tasks on priority basis. This priority matrix build in excel helps you to manage your tasks and priorities.
- Task prioritization is also called "Important/Urgent" decision-making matrix.
- Tasks are splits in 4 quadrants
- First (Upper Left) - Important and Urgent
- Second (Upper Right) – Important but not Urgent
- Third (Lower Left) - Urgent but not Important
- Fourth (Lower Right) – Not Important and Not Urgent
- Allows task prioritization based on four categories - Critical, High, Medium and Low.
- Has a backlog section which can be used to list the tasks which need to be done.
- Task has to be created once in the backlog and then moved to the required categories by simply entering task ID.
- The matrix highlights tasks which are not assigned in any category.
- Duplicate tasks are highlighted in red bold in all the categories.
- Each task has a score which can be used to signify the priority.