Why do you need to use our Capacity Planning Template Excel?
- It helps to ensure that your company can consistently meet the demands of customers and clients on a timely basis, while still maintaining profitability.
- Create different scenarios for future demands.
This includes the following templates :
- Capacity Planning Template Excel
Few reasons why you should get our templates -
- Our ready-to-use templates are huge time savers.
- A wide range of templates that are editable & customizable.
- Free updates (2 new templates) are sent to your inbox every month.
- Instant download to get you started in less than 2 minutes.
- We have a dedicated support team for all your queries.
Capacity planning template helps you manage employee time, understand his capacity and stay on the assigned project budget. Capacity planning is on top of the basic resource management planning and is an essential task for portfolio management.
Tips on Capacity Planning:
- Capacity planning should be part of any project managers tasks whether it is waterfall or agile project management. Check out our Agile Sprint Based Capacity planner.
- One of the key points which a capacity planner should highlight is the assumptions that have been made when doing the capacity planning.
- One of the major drivers for capacity planning is to get an understanding of the financial budget required.
- Planning capacity ahead of time helps in getting the real picture of what is planned.
Before going on to steps to use template note here that there are two key sections of this template that are Capacity Planner and Resource Requirements.
Capacity Planner -
The Capacity Planner consists of two areas - Planner and Resource Pool. Resource Pool is the area where you configure all your resources and their availability.. The Planner area is the key as it displays the availability and deficit based on the Resource Requirements.
Resource Requirements -
The Resource Requirements tab is the area where the planned projects and resource are allocated.
Gathering Project Information
- Gather a list of projects which are to be planned for the specified duration.
- Collect high-level estimates for the projects. During the capacity planning phase, it is natural to not have detailed estimates and WBS.
- Generally, the projects are also resourced on past estimates or guesstimates.
Updating the Resource Pool or Resource Loading
- Update the Resource Pool Section with the resource types in your organization.
- This activity can be called as resource loading because a resource managers go ahead and allocate all the tasks even if it means overloading the resource.
- If you have too many resource types I would recommend keeping the resource type to as minimum as possible to avoid maintenance overhead.
- In the resource pool section update the total availability for the resource type. For example, if you have two project managers who are full time then the total availability will be 10 days, if you have DBA who is part-time then it 2.5.
- Also, update the holidays or vacation times. For example, if there one public holiday in a week starting 4th Jan then that week everyone should be available for 4 days.
- If an individual is going on leave then you can update the availability for that resource type. For example, if you have two project managers then the usual availability would be 10 days but if one of then is going on leave it would reduce to 5 days a week.
No changes are required in the planner section so do not update any data under the planner area.
Update the resource requirements
- For each project start entering the project name, project phase and select the resource type.
- Then enter the requirements for that resource in weeks.
- Review the planner section to see issues with the resource needs.
- The capacity planner auto highlights cells to indicate any issues with the allocations or utilization.
1. Is it safe to provide my credit card/payment information?
YES, our store is powered by Shopify which is one of the most trusted e-commerce platforms. Shopify is certified Level 1 PCI DSS compliant. All Shopify stores include an SSL certificate that uses industry standard 256-bit encryption technology. This is the same level of encryption used by large banks to keep your information secure.
2. Will I get support if I have an issue or a query?
Definitely, yes, we have a dedicated support team who will happily assist. It can be an issue or any help with our templates. Our support policy is to address the customer query ASAP regardless of the product they purchase.
3. Is this a one time payment or monthly membership?
All our products are ONE TIME PAYMENT. We do not offer subscriptions so whatever you pay will be be one time.
4. How do I access my downloads?
After you checkout, you will be taken to a download page. You will also get a download link in your email.
5. What if the download link does not work?
Sometimes links can be blocked by a corporate firewall so please try using the link from a different network or from home. If you still cannot access drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and use our Contact Us Page.
6. Do you provide refunds?
We will REFUND the full amount in the following scenarios -
- Templates don't work as described, and we cannot fix your problem in a reasonable time.
- Templates are missing from your download and we cannot provide you the same templates shown on the site.
- You are not able to access the download. We will try to provide different mediums but if none of them work for you then we will refund your amount. Check our Refund Policy.
7. What are the different types of payments accepted?
We accept PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Master Card , Amex and VISA.
8. Do these templates work with Excel?
Yes, the templates are built using MS Office so will work on Excel.
9. Can the templates be customized or edited?
Yes, our templates can be edited and changed as you need. There are no restrictions.
10. Why do you have a logo on the documents?
The Techno-PM logo is only visible on the template images. We do not use logos on templates so you can customize the template as needed.
9. How will I get my FREE monthly updates?
We will send download links to your email in the first few days of the month. We will send it to the email provided when making the purchase.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.