The Product backlog consists of Roadmap and Requirements.
- Roadmap - It is the foundation to build the product backlog which show the exact vision of the project.
- Requirements - This shows what are customer requirements. What are the needs and wants.
Conditions To build a product backlog -
- Only important and relevant task for delivery of product should be listed.
- This document is time to time redifed by the product owner.
- As the team progress, additional requirements can be updated.
- The priority for task is maintained as Must do, Should do, could do and Won't have this time.
- Next is to backlog grooming in sprint meetings where team determines which tasks to be done in upcoming sprint.
Product Backlog Template content includes-
- Task name/description
- Dev Ready
- Story Points
- Release number and/or date
- Acceptance criteria