How to Use Project Status Report Template
The one page project status report template has following sections-
The status report is divided into 5 sections which cover the critical aspects of a project -
- Project Summary,
- Key Phases or Schedule,
- Tasks information,
- Project Budget,
- Project Risks and issues.
Now let us see in detail one by one all these sections and how to use -
Project Summary -
- Before actual summary of project, it is necessary to mention project details like its name, Project Code and Project Manager.
- Once these information are clear now project summary gives an update on project.
- Summary should be short update on terms like issues in project, risks and dependencies, project milestone, etc,.
Key Phases or Schedule Section -
- This section is further divided into 4 columns.
- Phase name - Project phase name
- Progress - What is the progress of the phase. In this template it is measured in % complete.
- Status - Status of the key phase which is displayed in RAG format.There is a drop down to select and different colors to indicate status.
- Finish - The finish date of the key phase.
Tasks Section -
- This section updates the project manager with the status of the tasks by having 3 columns tasks completed, task delayed and task planned.
- This section updates the project manager with the financial status of project. Further it is divided into 3 columns Item description, Forecast and Actual.
- The template auto highlights the cell value if the actual amount is greater than forecast
- Total value is calculated at bottom.
Risks and Issues section -
- This section captures the issue and risk that are for project.