Follow the below steps to start using the Project Status Report Template.
This template has four key sections.
- Project Summary.
- Project Timeline
- 4 basic parameters- Schedule, Budget, Risks, and Benefits.
- Risks and Issue
- Mention the basic information like Project Name, Name of the Project Manager, and Status date.
- In the project commentary brief, the key summary is short and crisp.
- The project Timeline has a scale in the months which can be changed as per your requirement.
- There are the blocks or phase which can be moved as per the project Schedule.
- Depending on the status of the project phases the color should be changed. i.e, RED-Risk, Amber, and Green- all is good.
- The blue dotted line indicates today’s date. And it gives the idea about where we are in the project.
- This timeline gives a rough idea about the schedule.
4 Key parameters-Schedule, Budget, Risks, and Benefits
- Schedule: Specify the quick update in the project schedule.
- Budget: Mention the actual and planned budget of the project. but additional details can be added.
- Risks: specify the No. of new Risks, Total High risks which are open, Total Medium Risks which are open and Total Risks which are open.
- Benefits: Indicates if the project benefit is on track.
Project Risks and Issue:
- List the Project risks and issues details, the top 2 or 3 risks or issues affecting the project
- To start with [Risk] or [Issue] indicator will tell everyone if the item is a risk or issue.
- Update the status of the risks and issues which are open and closed.
- Specify the Responsible person's name for finding a resolution to the risk or issue.
- Mention the due date to indicate by which date the risk or issue should be solved.