Power BI Certification Course
Power BI certification lets you explore Power BI concepts like Microsoft Power BI Desktop layouts, BI reports, dashboards, Power BI DAX commands, and functions. Learning how to experiment, fix, prepare, and present data quickly and easily is now convenient with our in-depth Power BI training. Microsoft Power BI is one of the most widely used business intelligence platforms, and our Power BI course follows a hands-on applied learning approach to help you gain expertise in it.
Power BI Certification Course
Power BI certification training will help you get the most out of Power BI, enabling you to solve business problems and improve operations. This course helps you master the development of dashboards from published reports, discover better insight from the data, & create practical recipes on the various tasks that you can do with Microsoft Power BI.
Training Key Features
- 6 hours of enriched learning
- Lifetime access to self-paced learning
- Industry-recognized course completion certificate
- Desktop layout
- Builtin aggregations
- Reports and dashboards
- DAX commands and functions
The global Business Intelligence market size to grow from USD 23.1 billion in 2020 to USD 33.3 billion by 2025, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 7.6% during the forecast period[Market Research Report,2020].
- Lifetime access to high-quality self-paced e-learning content curated by BI industry experts
- 24x7 learner assistance and support
No exam voucher.
ONLINE BOOTCAMP +
- 90 days of flexible access to online classes
- Lifetime access to high-quality self-paced e-learning content and live class recordings
- 24x7 learner assistance and support
Exam voucher included.
- 1.1 Welcome to Power BI Course
- 1.2 Skills Covered
- 1.3 Business Intelligence and Data Analytics High level Overview
- 1.4 Introduction to Power BI
- 1.5 Different Power BI Offerings
- 1.6 Installing Power BI
- 2.1 Identify and Connect to a Data Source
- 2.2 Change Data Source Settings
- 2.3 Select a Shared Dataset
- 2.4 Select a Storage Mode
- 2.5 Choose an Appropriate Query Type
- 2.6 Use Microsoft Dataverse
- 2.7 Use Parameters
- 2.8 Use or Create a PBIDS file
- 3.1 Identify Data Anomalies
- 3.2 Examine Data Structures
- 3.3 Interrogate Column Properties
- 3.4 Interrogate Data Statistics
- 4.1 Resolve Inconsistencies Unexpected or Null Values and Data Quality Issues
- 4.2 Apply User friendly Value Replacements
- 4.3 Evaluate and Transform Column Data Types
- 4.4 Apply Data Shape Transformations to Table Structures
- 4.5 Combine Queries
- 4.6 Apply User friendly Naming Conventions to Columns and Queries
- 4.7 Leverage Advanced Editor to Modify Power Query M code
- 5.1 Define the Tables
- 5.2 Configure Table and Column Properties
- 5.3 Flatten out a Parent child Hierarchy
- 5.4 Define Role playing Dimensions
- 5.5 Create a Common Date Table
- 6.1 Apply Cross filter Direction and Security Filtering
- 6.2 Create Calculated Tables
- 6.3 Create Calculated Columns
- 6.4 Implement Row level Security Roles
- 6.5 Set up the Q and A Feature
- 7.1 Remove Unnecessary Rows and Columns
- 7.2 Identify Poorly Performing Measures Relationships and Visuals
- 7.3 Improve Cardinality Levels
- 7.4 Optimize DirectQuery Models
- 7.5 Create and Manage Aggregations
- 7.6 Use Query Diagnostics
- 8.1 Add Visualization Items to Reports
- 8.2 Choose an Appropriate Visualization Type
- 8.3 Format and Configure Visualizations
- 8.4 Apply Slicing and Filtering
- 8.5 Add an R or Python Visual
- 9.1 Set Mobile View
- 9.2 Manage Tiles on a Dashboard
- 9.3 Configure Data Alerts
- 9.4 Use the Q and A Feature
- 9.5 Add a Dashboard Theme
- 9.6 Pin a Live Report Page to a Dashboard
- 10.1 Perform Top N Analysis
- 10.2 Explore Statistical Summary
- 10.3 Use the Q and A Visual
- 10.4 Add a Quick Insights Result to a Report
- 10.5 Use the Play Axis Feature of a Visualization
- 10.6 Personalize Visuals
- 11.1 Identify Outliers
- 11.2 Conduct Time Series Analysis
- 11.3 Use Groupings and Binnings
- 11.4 Use the Key Influencers to Explore Dimensional Variances
- 11.5 Use the Decomposition Tree Visual to Break Down a Measure
- 11.6 Apply AI Insights
- 12.1 Configure a Dataset Scheduled Refresh
- 12.2 Configure Row level Security Group Membership
- 12.3 Configure Incremental Refresh Settings
- 12.4 Promote or Certify Power BI Datasets
Exams and Certifications
Upon successful completion of the Power BI online training, Simplilearn will provide you with an industry-recognized Power BI course completion certificate which has lifelong validity.
To obtain the Power BI course completion certificate, you must complete the Power BI online training.
Professionals need to be well-versed in using different functionalities of Power BI and which visualization would fit best for a given data set to become a Power BI developer. This Power BI certification course is all you need to gain all the required skills.
The Power BI certification cost of Exam PL-300: Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Microsoft Power BI is $165 USD.
The Microsoft Power BI certification exam tests your skills in the following domains:
- Consuming and Transforming Data By Using Power BI Desktop (20-25%)
- Modeling and Visualizing Data (45-50%)
- Configure Dashboards, Reports, and Apps in the Power BI Service (25-35%)
After completing Power BI online course, The ideal candidates to take the Power BI exam are BI professionals, data analysts, and other roles responsible for creating reports using Power BI.
Yes, we provide a practice test as part of our Power BI course to help you prepare for the certification exam. You can try this free Power BI Exam Questions Practice Test to understand the type of questions that you would face in the Power BI Course certification exam and gain expertise in the topics that are a part of the Power BI course syllabus.
Power BI is a business analytics solution owned by Microsoft. Analysts use it for data visualization, draw insights from it, and share the dashboards and visual reports across the organization. Moreover, one can access these reports sitting at their workplace or anywhere through Power BI apps offered by Microsoft.
DAX refers to Data Analysis Expressions, a formula language that is used throughout Power BI. It is a library of functions and operators that can be combined to create formulas and expressions in Power BI.
Power BI is a power business intelligence tool and beginners should first understand the concepts of data visualization before starting to use it. Simplilearn’s Power BI course certification is one of the best resources beginners can pick to learn it from scratch.
The global Business Intelligence market size to grow to USD 33.3 billion by 2025. Business intelligence adoption has grown significantly - from sales, marketing, executive teams to insurance and business services. Simplilearn’s Power BI training helps you gain a competitive edge in creating customized visuals and deliver a reliable analysis of the vast amount of data using Power BI.
Tableau, Power BI, FusionChart, D3, Infogram, ChartBlocks, Google Charts are some other Data Visualization tools popular in the market.
Yes, our Power BI certification course training material is aligned with the syllabus of the Microsoft Power BI certification exam and helps you pass it in your first try.
All of our highly qualified Power BI trainers are industry Business Intelligence experts with years of relevant industry experience. Each of them has gone through a rigorous selection process that includes profile screening, technical evaluation, and a training demo before they are certified to train for us. We also ensure that only those trainers with a high alumni rating remain on our faculty.
You can enroll for this Power BI training course on our website and make an online payment using any of the following options:
- Visa Credit or Debit Card
- American Express
Once payment is received you will automatically receive a payment receipt and access information via email.
Yes, you can cancel your enrolment if necessary. We will refund the course price after deducting an administration fee. To learn more, you can view our Refund Policy.
We offer 24/7 support through email, chat, and calls. We also have a dedicated team that provides on-demand assistance through our community forum. What’s more, you will have lifetime access to the community forum, even after completion of your Power BI online course with us.
You can either enroll in our Data Scientist Course or Data Analyst Course if you are looking to get a University certificate, you can enroll in the Post Graduate Program in Data Science or Post Graduate Program in Data Analytics.
Power BI is primarily a business analytics solution used to run reports, visualize data, and share valuable insights in a secured manner across the various teams in an organization or embed the acquired information into an organization's app or website.With the help of Simplilearn’s Power BI course, you will be able to gain a detailed insight into the applications of Power BI and know its importance.
No, this Power BI course is a simple one allowing professionals to learn about various concepts of Power BI easily. The Power BI online course is best suited for BI and reporting professionals, data analysts, and professionals working with data across multiple industries.
With a Power BI certification, you can have a rewarding career. As per one of the reports by MarketsandMarkets, the Business Intelligence Market is projected to reach $33.3 billion by 2025, promising a bright future for BI professionals. Also, BI professionals earn an average salary of $88,000, which is much more than other IT or business professionals. Considering all these factors, without any doubt, we can say that business intelligence is a good career option.
Yes, acquiring a Power BI certification is worth it. With the help of this Power BI training, you will gain all the necessary skills to run Power BI tools. By gaining specialization in designing calculated tables and columns, managing a firm's hierarchies, and processing data, you can get an edge over others and add value to your resume.
After getting a Power BI certification, you can work as a BI developer, data analyst, BI analyst, software engineer, BI consultant, reporting analyst, and analytics consultant.
A Power BI developer is primarily involved in designing and developing BI reports and offers valuable insights to help the organization make informed and better decisions. The job role of a Power BI requires professionals to have a deep understanding of business intelligence, data integration, data warehousing, data modeling, database, and various technical aspects of Business intelligence tools. With the right Power BI certification, professionals can learn how to perform these roles and responsibilities efficiently.
Power BI developers need to have a deep knowledge of SQL and Java and possess skills like DAX expressions BI stack knowledge, data analytics, and software development. Furthermore, they must have prior experience with BI tools such as Power BI, Tableau, SAP. Apart from technical skills, they must have non-technical skills, like collaborating with teams, being self-driven, leading a team, and exceptional communication and management skills. With this Power BI certification course, you can easily gain these skills and implement them while working.
Power BI is most prevalent across Industries like retail, manufacturing, real estate, insurance, healthcare, and energy utility. Upon completing this Power BI course, you can easily seek employment opportunities in one of these top industries.
Some of the top companies looking for Power BI certification developers are Uline, Cushman & Wakefield, Johnson Controls, VITAS Healthcare, Exelon, Microsoft, Tableau Software, Rognoz, Bitam Oracle, IBM, SAS, MicroStrategy, Tibco, and GoodData.
Some of the most resourceful books recommended for seeking in-depth knowledge on Business intelligence are:
- Business Intelligence Guidebook: From Data Integration to Analytics written by Rick Sherman
- Data Strategy written by Bernard Marr
- Agile Data Warehouse Design written by Lawrence Corr and Jim Stagnitto
- Successful Business Intelligence written by Cindi Howson
- Business Intelligence – Da Informação ao Conhecimento written by Maribel Yasmina Santos and Isabel Ramos
While seeking this online Power BI training, reading these books will add on to your knowledge and have a comprehensive learning experience.
As per PayScale.com, the average salary of a professional with Power BI certification is $75885 annually.
Simplilearn offers multiple courses on Data Science and AI domain which are listed below:
- Machine Learning Course
- Deep Learning Course with Tensorflow Certification
- Tableau Certification Course
Post Graduate Program: