Project Charter Templates: A Clear Roadmap for Project Success
Download Project Charter Template. The inception of every project is a Project Charter. It is a document that summarizes the key information about a project and that announces to the world, aka, your organization, that there is a new project on the block. The Charter appoints a project manager for the project and assigns it the authority to proceed.
- A project charter is a document that outlines what the company wants to achieve with the new initiative and how it will work.
- The template should be used by everyone involved in the process
Format: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel
A Template to Build a Project Charter: What it is, How to Create and use It
- A project charter is a document that provides the scope, objectives, roles, and responsibilities of all stakeholders involved in the project.
- It defines how a team will interact with each other to complete their goals. This template will help you create your own Project Charter
- Our template will help you to create your own customized project charter for your organization's projects.
Few reasons why you should get our templates -
- Our ready-to-use templates are huge time savers.
- A wide range of templates that are editable & customizable.
- Free updates (2 new templates) are sent to your inbox every month.
- Instant download to get you started in less than 2 minutes.
- We have a dedicated support team for all your queries.
According to the PMBOK® Guide, the following sections are covered by the Project Charter:
- Project Information
- Business need, problem, or opportunity
- Project Objectives and Benefits
- Project Organization
- High-level project scope
- High-level project timescale
- High-level project budget
- Key assumptions
- Key project risks
- Success criteria
Templates Included -
- PMO Charter Word Template
- PMO Charter PPT Template
- Project Charter PPT Template
- Project Charter Word Template
- Team Charter Template
- Team Charter Templates with RACI
Follow the below steps to start using the Project Charter Template
The project charter is the key document in the initiation phase of the project
This template has the following sections:
- Project Title: Specify the Name of the project
- Project Start and End date: Mention the timeline of the project by specifying the Start and End date.
- Project Manager: Mention the name of the Project Manager who has the authority to execute the project.
- Business Need: Brief the Project need which will help to understand and specify why the project being undertaken
- Project Scope: captures the activities that are in the scope of the project and also items that are out of scope be mentioned in the field to set the clear expectation.
- Deliverables: Specify deliverables/goals that are expected to be achieved by this project.
- Risks and Issues: Specify the Major risks and issues in this field,
- Assumption and Dependencies: specify Project activities that are dependent on each other need to be clearly stated in this field.
- Milestone and schedule: Captures the major milestones the project aims to accomplish and the target completion date for each milestone
- Budget/Financials: specifies the cost that will be incurred to undertake this project
- Project Team: List the members required to work on the project.
- Approval Committee: This captures a set of approvers which includes the sponsor and other stakeholders
1. Is it safe to provide my credit card/payment information?
YES, our store is powered by Shopify which is one of the most trusted e-commerce platforms. Shopify is certified Level 1 PCI DSS compliant. All Shopify stores include an SSL certificate that uses industry standard 256-bit encryption technology. This is the same level of encryption used by large banks to keep your information secure.
2. Will I get support if I have an issue or a query?
Definitely, yes, we have a dedicated support team who will happily assist. It can be an issue or any help with our templates. Our support policy is to address the customer query ASAP regardless of the product they purchase.
3. Is this a one time payment or monthly membership?
All our products are ONE TIME PAYMENT. We do not offer subscriptions so whatever you pay will be be one time.
4. How do I access my downloads?
After you checkout, you will be taken to a download page. You will also get a download link in your email.
5. What if the download link does not work?
Sometimes links can be blocked by a corporate firewall so please try using the link from a different network or from home. If you still cannot access drop an email to email@example.com and use our Contact Us Page.
6. Do you provide refunds?
We will REFUND the full amount in the following scenarios -
- Templates don't work as described, and we cannot fix your problem in a reasonable time.
- Templates are missing from your download and we cannot provide you the same templates shown on the site.
- You are not able to access the download. We will try to provide different mediums but if none of them work for you then we will refund your amount. Check our Refund Policy.
7. What are the different types of payments accepted?
We accept PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Master Card , Amex and VISA.
8. Do these templates work with Excel?
Yes, the templates are built using MS Office so will work on Excel.
9. Can the templates be customized or edited?
Yes, our templates can be edited and changed as you need. There are no restrictions.
10. Why do you have a logo on the documents?
The Techno-PM logo is only visible on the template images. We do not use logos on templates so you can customize the template as needed.
9. How will I get my FREE monthly updates?
We will send download links to your email in the first few days of the month. We will send it to the email provided when making the purchase.