Use Case Template Word
Use Cases are a common technique for gathering functional requirements in the Business Analysis world where, by ensuring that all interactions are captured, the project team can build confidence that a seamless user experience and fully functional product will be delivered according to the needs of the customer.
File Type: Word
Fields of Use Case Template-
- ID: a unique identifier to represent the Use Case.
- Name: what it says on the tin; should be a clear and short name.
- Description: a brief description (not War and Peace!) of the Use Case.
- Primary Roles / Actors: the type of primary users that the Use Case relates to.
- Pre-conditions: what conditions/assumptions need to be in place for the Use Case to start.
- Trigger: what event will trigger the start of the Use Case.
- Basic Flow: illustrates the set of steps the role will take to accomplish the objective of the Use Case.
- Alternate Flows: illustrates the ‘unbeaten path’.
- Post-conditions: what conditions/assumptions need to be in place when the Use Case is complete.